Tuesday 2 October 2012

Dem Bones

Today marks an important day in the life of the Teatime of the Dead army.  For today I have...

Painted five skeletons!

One skeleton, ah ah ahh... Two skeletons, ah ah ahh... Three... you know what, even I'm bored of this joke now.

I know what you're thinking.  "That's more than five skeletons, idiot.  Also, big whoop."  To Which I counter, "True, but I wanted to show off the whole unit.  Also, those are five Very Important Skeletons."

Why?  Because those skellies mean that I can now field a fully legal, fully painted 1,000 point army!


Thanks in part to Andy "Of Orks and Men" Leask's realisation that Lords and Heros are two separate bits of army costing, each with a 25% cap, and thanks in part to my shiny new core unit of skellies with pointy things on sticks (as opposed to my sword and board skellies) I can now finagle things to get me up to 1,000 points right on the nose.  (Strictly I could field a slightly more costly army, but 1,000 is a very satisfying number to hit.)

The breakdown, including magic items, is as follows:









Lords

Eichengard (Master Necromancer) (240) Level 3 Wizard; Lore of the Vampires; hand weapon; Fencer's Blades; Nightshroud. 











 
Heroes 

Necromancer (120) Level 2 Wizard; Lore of the Vampires; hand weapon; Master of the Dead. 

Core 

15 Skeleton Warriors (130) musician; standard bearer; hand weapons; light armour; shields; The Screaming Banner.  
Skeleton Champion
 
15 Skeleton Warriors (105) musician; standard bearer; hand weapons; light armour; shields; spears.
Skeleton Champion


 



20 Zombies (70) musician; standard bearer; hand weapons. 









Special 

5 Hexwraiths (160) great weapons. 
Hellwraith
 





 
Rare

3 Cairn Wraiths (175) great weapons. 
Tomb Banshee





Yee-haw, as I believe they say in the New World.

New, Official Points Painted Total: 1,000!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes! Welcome to the 1000 points club. I think I should probably make my post about this tomorrow as I've been there for a while, but never updated the blog with everything I have painted. Regardless of that: well done!

    ReplyDelete